How to DIY Search Engine Marketing
Here at Templates Inn we often get asked how we know so much, simple… read read study and read and study some more! There are plenty of great sites out there that give guidance on the internet along with the search engines themselves advising webmasters on how best to make your website work within there search engine.
The following are some official sources of information from Google and Bing, two of the biggest search engines, regarding search engines and general web‐master guidelines:
Several professional search industry and optimization professionals maintain blogs online and share some of their insights about SEO on a regular basis. The following are some of the most popular and respected resources online:
• Matt Cutts: Gadgets, Google and SEO – the blog of Matt Cutts, a software engineer at Google.
• Search Engine Land – a news and information site covering search marketing and the search engine industry.
• Google’s Webmaster Central Blog – Official news from Google regarding crawling and indexing websites for Google.
• SEOMoz Daily Blog – the daily blog of a Seattle‐based SEO company, with posts also contributed by readers.
• SEOBook Blog – a blog focused on SEO from Aaron Wall, the author of SEO Book.
• Searchengine.ltd.uk : SEO Newcastle company experts blog on increasing web traffic.
Numerous books have been written on the subject of SEO, and several of them are excellent resources for in‐depth information about search engine practices and optimization techniques. The following are recommended:
Building Findable Websites: Web Standards SEO and Beyond by Aarron Wal‐ter (New Riders Press, 2008).
SEO Book by Aaron Wall (eBook available online).
Search Engine Optimization: Your Visual Blueprint for Effective Internet Mar‐keting by Kristopher B. Jones (Visual, 2008)
Web Analytics: An Hour a Day by Avinash Kaushik (Sybex, 2007)
No related posts.